Friday 3 July 2020

Friday: School Day

TG had her morning at school this morning and, being 14, was not very communicative about it. Apparently the group she was in was all people from her maths class, including one of her friends and a few others that she chats to. Beyond that, she didn't say much. She also decided that as she had been to school and had an English class, the bit of English work that showed up in her school app could wait until Monday. 


I spent a lot of time again today writing up and researching my friend's family - I am probably doing far too much, but I'm enjoying it. Interesting to see where a family that had lived in London for three or four generations came from originally - so far I have found ancestors who came to London in the mid-19th century from Berkshire, Norfolk and Essex. I have also found a family in the workhouse, a boy who joined the Navy at the age of 15, and statements on censuses and marriage certificates that were either entirely fictional or at least economical with the truth.


I did a Fiit class before lunch which was, let's say, challenging - as in, there were points where I just gave up and slumped on the floor or the sofa. Serves me right for congratulating myself yesterday on having improved to the point where I could get through classes without stopping. Today's definitely took it up a notch and I struggled. M took a boot load of stuff to the tip which left him tired too, so we decided on just a short walk later in the afternoon. Just as well, as it was raining quite a bit by the time we got back. We ran into an old friend and her daughter and stopped for a chat and a catch up, which was good. H has been the dinner chef every evening this week, and today she made burgers, chunky fries and homemade coleslaw. After dinner we watched some TV and I did a bit more family history and some cross stitch. No photos today so I have added a couple of pictures of trees from yesterday.

2 comments:

elli said...

As ever, am so enjoying your daily notes and musings :-)

(I have found, since resolutely committing to daily fitness some dozen years ago, that the daily 'norm' for energy and ability can vary wildly!!).

Kathryn said...

Yes, my energy and ability definitely vary a lot from day to day. Also I have terrible balance, which disappears entirely when I am tired. I am naturally flexible which makes for happy yoga, but balance poses are hopeless. I have been given all sorts of tips by yoga teachers, none of which have helped at all!