Wednesday 1 July 2020

Wednesday: Sleepwalking Through My Day

I woke up at 4am this morning with a headache, and by the time it had cleared enough for me to go back to sleep, I was too much awake and that was it for the night. Sometimes I function OK on four hours of sleep. Today was not one of those days. I was mostly a sleepwalking zombie. I managed to pull myself together enough to get my work done this morning. Meanwhile, M cut the grass and TG worked on her latest assignment for her photography class, which was to produce a banner and logo/profile pic for the art and photography department's Twitter account, using her own photographs.  She did a very clever banner with a picture she took a little while ago of her friend's camera while her friend was using it, with a photo of a row of colouring pencils edited into the lens; she then used the colouring pencil photo for the profile pic.


H had to go to a nearby town for routine blood tests, so went into Greggs and bought home some of their vegan steak bakes and vegan sausage rolls for lunch. Even those members of the household who are normally more carnivorous love these, and H and I both think they are better than the meat versions. After lunch I spent some time semi-comatose on the sofa, before reluctantly dragging myself out for a walk with M. I was glad I did, as I felt better for it. I had seen a photo on Facebook of a tree which had blown down across the canal last night, so we walked down to see if it had been moved. It had - a couple of men were still clearing the last bits from the opposite bank, and there were a few small leafy branches around, but both the canal and the towpath were clear. The tree was a willow, which I imagine had become unstable because it had been allowed to grow too tall too close to the canal.


Today's wildlife sightings were this gorgeous ginger cat lazing on the top of a narrowboat, and the swan family, who we spotted as we crossed a bridge being fed dinner by someone on a boat. No wonder those cygnets are growing so fast! I wonder what will happen to them as adults. Will they be allowed to stay on the same section of the canal as their parents, or will they be expected to go and find their own territory?


One of H's girlfriends has just got a new puppy, so she and her BF went over to meet him and have puppy snuggles. He is a very cute black cavapoo (Cavalier Spaniel / poodle cross), just eight weeks old, and H was besotted. She loves dogs and can't wait to be in a position to get one of her own. While she was out, M had a Zoom chat with friends, TG did a dance class, and I read and napped in the hammock. H cooked lamb curry for dinner, so I had a very lazy evening.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Going for a walk always makes me feel better when I've had a bad night, it's just making the effort in the first place! LOL

Love the ginger kitty!

elli said...

I'm up at 4am always :-) for my Holy Hour, but of course, I am abed by 8:30pm, else I could not do that!