Monday 1 March 2021

Celebrating with my Vaccine Recovery Kit!

So, vaccine dose one is done! And I am so very grateful for the scientists and healthcare staff who made it possible. M and I watched an interview with one of the leading vaccinologists working on the Oxford-AstraZeneca back in April last year and she was so clear and calm and confident that there was a high chance that the vaccine they were working on would be viable. It was, and is now being rolled out around the world. What an extraordinary achievement! 


This evening I celebrated with a glass of gin from the "Covid recovery kit" (his description!) that M brought home for me at the weekend - a gift box from from M & S with four small bottles. So far I feel fine, with not even a sore arm. I know a lot of people feel under the weather to various degrees the day after the vaccine, so I am prepared for the possibility of an "off" day tomorrow. 

I started work early this morning and managed to get a full day of archive work in despite the trip out for the vaccine. There was quite a queue, and it took nearly an hour between arriving at the vaccination centre and getting out at the other end. On the way home we stopped at Next to pick up a couple of click and collect orders. After two months of lockdown this was a major excursion!

Apart from the vaccine trip I have been very lazy today and not exercised at all. However yesterday I did my first yoga class in a couple of weeks - my back didn't object, which is great - and followed it with a four mile walk in the afternoon. There was blue sky and some early blossom in a couple of places. Between the beginning of spring and the speed of the vaccine rollout, everything looks so much brighter and more hopeful. 

1 comment:

elli said...

Hooray!! 🤗