Wednesday 17 March 2021

Knitting Frenzy

During the first lockdown last year I had an urge to do cross stitch projects. This time around it has been a knitting and crocheting frenzy. I have been working on a cotton jumper for myself, which I finished on Sunday. I see from my Ravelry project that it took me five weeks and a day from start to finish, which I am quite certain is by far the quickest I have ever knit an adult size jumper. I am really pleased with the way it came out - it fits well and is soft and comfortable. The next project is a summer cardigan with a lace and cables pattern, using a cotton / bamboo mix yarn.

The stiffness eased up and I did my splits challenge yoga sessions on Sunday and Monday. I took yesterday and today as rest days as I am feeling a little under the weather (mild cold) and learned the hard way last year not to push myself if I'm not feeling 100%. Back to it tomorrow, I hope. I'm sure the extra stretching is doing me good. 


It rained this morning but cleared this afternoon and was nice and bright when we went out for our walk. Daffodils in spring always brighten my mood, and I am appreciating the longer, lighter days, even though the weather is a bit variable. I missed Zoom band this evening so that I could attend a Zoom talk with the local history society - I am giving one in April and wanted to see what the format was like and how it worked, plus I was interested in the topic. It was about the Rothschild family, who at one point owned no less than seven country houses in this area. Coincidentally our nearest National Trust property is a Rothschild house which reopened this week (gardens only), and we have booked to visit on Friday. It is only two miles away so counts as staying local, and it will feel like a small step back towards normality. 

2 comments:

elli said...

Your jumper is beautiful! I had not yet learnt to knit well enough (beyond hats and scarves I mean) before the brain tumor made it impossible for me to advance those skills — I do wish I was able to knit jumpers and socks. Ah well....

Daffodils! Gorgeous! Not here yet 🤗

Kathryn said...

Ah! That's a shame! I learned to knit from my mother as a child and can tackle pretty much anything. Long practice has also made me a fast knitter, so I get through things pretty quickly when a knitting frenzy hits.