Tuesday 6 April 2021

Confused Weather!

I have this week off work, which has worked out nicely as I have been able to have a very lazy and restful day, reading, knitting and watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince with TG. We should have been in Cornwall this week on a trip postponed from last April, but it has now been put back again until April 2022. Given the change in the weather this may not be a bad thing! M and I went out for a short walk this afternoon  and as we headed home it started to snow a little. Later this afternoon we had this ... 

It is hard to believe that two days ago we were sitting out in the garden enjoying the sun, and that last week we had one of the warmest March days we have ever had. 


I signed up for occasional packages from a craft gin club back in January when the lockdown and pandemic were getting to me and M decided I needed some treats to cheer me up. The second package arrived today, so I sampled the new gin this evening. It was made in Provence with local botanicals, so a good choice for spring. It's just a shame spring had gone missing in action! I drank the gin with posh tonic, garnished with dried orange and rosebuds, which all came in the box. And very nice it was too! 


TG had an extra Zoom dance class tonight, as she is preparing for a modern dance exam next month. A new thing since the older girls were at this stage is that she has a unique learner number issued through her school, and by adding this number to her exam entry the result gets added to her learning record. She will be doing Grade 5 this time, which doesn't give any formal credit, but once she gets to Grade 6 it will earn her extra UCAS (university admission assessment) points. 

1 comment:

elli said...

Snow! How completely mad — here, today, for us? Record highs over 80F!! Yikes. And we're having wildfire warnings. Not good in the northern oak savannah! Well ... they say we will get much cooler temps soon and rain too. I hope so.