Sunday 4 April 2021

Easter Blessings

I had a strange, interrupted night yesterday. I spent an hour awake feeling irrationally stressed (I could rationalise this, but when my mind tried to communicate it to my body, it failed!) and then slept uneasily with odd and unsettling dreams. During this unsettled half-sleep I heard two odd bangs, like muffled explosions. I was quite reassured this morning when they were mentioned on a local social network site - some people thought fireworks, but I think the correct explanation was railway detonators (small explosive discs placed on the rails as a warning signal when trains run over them), which I had never heard of before. We are close enough to the railway for this to be plausible, and track works are often carried out over holiday weekends.  


Despite the odd night I woke this morning feeling much brighter and more myself, and this evening I am in a mood to count my blessings ...

  • A sunny spring day 
  • A morning walk with all three daughters and their partners
  • Family dogs that I get to enjoy without having to do any work!
  • Mini egg cookies baked by H
  • Sitting in the sun listening to Handel's Messiah 

And so many more ... 

  • Hammocks
  • Beautiful places to walk
  • Yarn and time to make things
  • Books and time to read
  • Friends and family
  • Flowers
  • Vaccinations

M probably deserves an entire list to himself, but I'll settle for saying he is pretty special (he has to be to have survived 30 years with me!) and definitely very much a blessing (most of the time!)

1 comment:

elli said...

I've been keeping a daily blessings diary for some while now — it makes such a difference. Give thanks, after all, on all circumstances.

Happy Easter Kathryn. So good to have arrived here, Holy Saturday can be quite grim.

🕊💖🕊