Thursday 2 April 2020

Staying Home: Day 17

Saying yesterday that I have been sleeping well tempted fate; I woke up at 2.30am and didn't get back to sleep for two hours, so started the day tired. I spent the morning on archive work, while H went to Tesco. She walked down (about a twenty minute walk), did the shopping and picked up prescriptions from the pharmacy, then called M to collect her in the car. As she is well ahead with her work decided to have a day off from studying. She got her marks back for the online presentation she did last week - first class, so she was very happy. Teen Girl had a slow start to the day but eventually got started on her school work mid-morning.  

After H got back I helped her unpack the shopping and we gave everything a wipe down with antibacterial wipes - whether this is effective or not I don't know, but it can't do any harm. She had bought some peanut butter with dark chocolate, so I had that with a banana in a sandwich for lunch before going back to work and finishing off the latest freelance job.

We went for our usual mid-afternoon walk while H did some strength work in the garden with her kettlebell; Teen Girl was feeling lazy today and didn't get round to exercising. We have now got into the habit of all having afternoon tea, with tea made in a proper pot and some sort of treat - today hot cross buns and chocolate digestives. The girls and I watched our Disney movie - a live version of Lady and the Tramp, made for Disney Plus - then H cooked homemade gnocchi for dinner while I read and worked on my scarf. After dinner I had a phone conversation with a friend, then watched TV with M for a bit.

So far most of our days are settling into a comfortable routine. We are very lucky that the two girls are very close and happy spending lots of time together, and we genuinely all get on well. Also so far nobody is complaining that they are bored. Teen Girl's Easter break starts on Monday for two weeks, so I wonder if she will find it harder once she doesn't have the routine of daily school work. I think I have been the only person who has had a grumpy day this week. I'm sure there will be ups and downs before all this is over, but so far, mostly so good.

No comments: