Tuesday 7 April 2020

Staying Home: Day 22


I experimented a bit today with trying to fit in yoga on a work morning. Last year I got into the habit of doing yoga first thing every day, but now I am afraid that a combination of my tendency to procrastinate, my dislike of getting up early and my low energy levels mean would mean if I started the day with yoga I would end up starting work very late. Today I decided to switch things round. I started work just before 8.30 (pretty early for me!), worked for two hours, then took a yoga break mid morning. I did a 20 minute flow routine - very basic and something that last year I would have found easy, so I was shocked at just how tough I found it. I feel that easing myself back into yoga is the right thing to do, though I am clearly going to need to stick to short and easy for a while. Despite finding it hard, I didn't end up feeling overtired afterwards, which I hope is a good sign. After the yoga break, I made myself a coffee and went back to work. I'll try doing the same again tomorrow.


The weather was lovely again today, so after lunch I went out into the garden with a book, though I ended up dozing off for a while in the hammock. It is supposed to be even warmer for the next few days, so I'm hoping for lots of time outdoors. M and I did a slightly longer circular walk round part of the newer section of our nearby woodland - this was planted in the 1990s, while the Bluebell Wood in the centre is ancient woodland. According to my watch we walked exactly one mile, though it took us nearly 30 minutes so was very much a leisurely stroll. H did some strength exercises then went for a run, while TG did an online dance class. Today's afternoon tea treat was a mix of the pastries our neighbour brought round yesterday and TG's excellent choc chip cookies. We ended up watching our Disney movie of the day, The Lion King, in the early evening, with a break for pizza. A local pizza restaurant is doing deliveries while they are closed due to the lockdown: three pizzas, three ice creams and three drinks for £30. M doesn't eat pizza, so he cooked himself lamb chops instead.

No comments: