Tuesday 21 April 2020

Staying Home: Day 36

Possibly stupidly, I decided to challenge myself with another 3 mile walk today, but one with quite a climb during the last mile. By the time I got to the top of the hill I was hot and exhausted, and I struggled through the last half mile at a snail's pace. Encouragingly, I recovered quite quickly once I got home and tanked up on water and sugar - one of TG's lemon-blueberry muffins, a berry oat bar, and a chocolate biscuit. The biscuit may have been overkill. Tomorrow I will be doing a shorter, gentler walk.


I worked a bit longer than I needed to on my archive work this morning. I was putting a long contribution from a volunteer onto our website and wanted to get it finished. It needed splitting into several separate pages and links added, so took quite a while to do. After lunch I spent an hour doing freelance work before going for our walk. For the first time since the lockdown we walked along the canal towpath. We had been avoiding it because it is relatively narrow, but people are being very good about distancing so we decided to go that way for a change.


The girls wanted chicken katsu for dinner, so H made some for them while I cooked fish pie for myself and M. I slightly misjudged the quantity and what I thought was two portions should really have been three - I try to exercise reasonable portion control, so this was a complete fail! We watched Alice in Wonderland before and after dinner, then spent an hour on Zoom doing a quiz organised by members of Michael's synagogue. We managed a reasonable score - not close to winning, but nowhere near the wooden spoon.

No comments: