Thursday 21 January 2021

A Sunset Walk

I am getting better about being organised with my time and pacing myself, and have got through all my work this week quite efficiently. I now have a three day weekend to look forward to. I have kept up with my yoga challenge and I am now past the half-way point - 12 days done out of 21. The afternoons are starting to get lighter, and today we didn't go out for our walk until 4pm. On our way back I was able to get some good sunset pictures. 


Yesterday afternoon I was feeling generally grumpy about what is beginning to feel like never-ending lockdowns, and realised that in large part it is the lack of anything specific to look forward to. Usually we have a holiday planned and some social events on the calendar, but for now it just isn't worth planning anything. In theory we do have holidays booked but I don't think the chances of them actually happening are very good - two have already been postponed once, and the other was booked before the pandemic. Maybe  our weekend at Disneyland Paris which has  been postponed from February to September will happen. There have already been too many disappointments over the last year to want to line up any more. M suggested that as we can't go out and do anything other than walk, we should look for small treats to cheer me up from the coronavirus blues - so yesterday I ordered some posh chocolate from Hotel Chocolat, and today we did a click and collect order from Caffe Nero for coffees and / or cakes according to everyone's preference. A gingerbread latte while I worked definitely perked up my afternoon. 

I have put together an alternative outline for my book-in-progress, though whether I can make it work, I am not sure. I have also been playing around with some genealogy, researching the families of my adoptive grandparents. I started to do this a few years ago but didn't write much down, so I am effectively starting from scratch. Yesterday evening was Zoom band practice, and I am nearly through my book about a World War I hospital in London that was run entirely by women. All in all quite a productive few days, though I still keep complaining that there isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.  

2 comments:

elli said...

It is strange, isn't it, how under C19 lockdown there is both too much time, and yet, not enough??

Glorious photos, and yes! To the treats!!

Kathryn said...

Treats are always good! At least I am not suffering from boredom during lockdown, I'm just sometimes bored *of* lockdown!