Saturday 9 January 2021

New Normal

I think I am adjusting to the current lockdown being the new normal. I suspect this may be how it will be until a combination of warmer weather and the vaccine start to get the pandemic under control. Lots about my life is good, and I am not going to fret about the things I can't do and the plans I can't make. 

Today was another murky, foggy day. This was about as bright as it got, so we went for a shorter walk again this afternoon. I slept late this morning, sleeping for over 9 hours altogether, which I guess I needed. I got a few jobs done, including paying my tax bill, finished reading Coronation Everest, knitted a bit more sock, crocheted a few rows of blanket, and watched TV in the evening. Not an entirely lazy day, but plenty of relaxation. We ordered a "click and collect" takeaway of fish and chips this evening. As in the previous lockdown, we are trying to support local businesses where we can. I also signed up for a subscription to both live and on-demand yoga classes with a yoga studio in Milton Keynes where I used to go for hot yoga. They are doing a 21 day fitness challenge, and I'm going to give it a try, starting with a 9am class in the morning. I feel I need to get back to regular yoga, so a challenge might kick start me into it. Nothing like good intentions for a new year! 

No comments: