Tuesday 5 January 2021

Books To Read in 2021

I have been adding books to my "Want to Read" lists for 2021. If I was organised these would all be neatly together on Good Reads, but are actually scattered around Good Reads, Amazon wish lists and elsewhere, so I am going to jot down a list here as a reminder. 

Here are some books I hope to read in 2021:

Fiction

  • The Book of Lost Names (Kristin Harmel)
  • The Jane Austen Society (Natalie Jenner)
  • The Midnight Library (Matt Haig)
  • This is How You Lose the Time War (Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone)
  • The Secret Chapter (Genevieve Cogman) - Invisible Library series #6
  • The Dark Archive (Genevieve Cogman)  - Invisible Library series #7
Children's Fiction
  • The Moon of Gomrath (Alan Garner)
  • The Subtle Knife (Philip Pullman)
  • The Amber Spyglass (Philip Pullman)
History

  • Home: a Time-Traveller's Tales from British Pre-History (Francis Pryor)
  • Endell Street: the Women Who Ran Britain's Trailblazing Military Hospital (Wendy Moore)
  • Pax Britannica trilogy (Jan Morris)
  • Coronation Everest (Jan Morris)
  • Nye: the Political Life of Aneurin Bevan (Nicklaus Thomas-Symonds)
Travel / Places
  • Venice (Jan Morris)
  • Between the Woods and the Water (Patrick Leigh Fermor)
  • A Time to Keep Silence (Patrick Leigh Fermor)

Science

  • The End of Everything (Katie Mack)
  • Breath: the New Science of a Lost Art (James Nestor)
Other Non-Fiction
  • Sightlines (Kathleen Jamie)
  • The Wild Silence (Raynor Winn)
  • Craeft: an Inquiry in the Origins and True Meaning of Traditional Crafts (Alexander Langlands)
  • How to Be a Liberal (Ian Dunt)
  • Doughnut Economics (Kate Raworth)
I like to give myself an annual Challenge target on Good Reads. For the past two years I have set a target of 52 and only made it to 35. This year I have rounded down to 50, and as I am determined to read more this year I hope to achieve it. 

1 comment:

elli said...

The Midnight Library is *so* good! I need to catch up on my BookNotes posts — that's one I read during Christmastide ....

This is an inspiring list, lots of good things here 🤗 and a few more for me to add to my library requests ...