Wednesday 13 January 2021

Raindrops and Roses (or Pot Plants)

It has got a bit warmer this week, but today was wet and miserable. Despite that M and I managed a walk this afternoon, but it was more a duty than a pleasure! I got started reasonably early this morning and managed to get my chunk of freelance work for the day done by lunchtime, then I read for a while this afternoon - I am now reading a history of a hospital in London during the First World War which was run entirely by women. I am always interested in anything about women in the medical services as I am researching and writing the story of three women who served as ambulance drivers and medical orderlies in France, Belgium and Serbia during the War.  


Talking of medical things, H phoned 111 this morning and was given a list of dentists to phone. She spoke to one and has been given an appointment with a local dentist next week, but the jaw pain seems to be easing a bit. M went out to M & S Food to pick up a pair of pyjamas he had ordered online - our store is food only, but they also operate a free click and collect service for other M & S products, which is very handy. I asked him to look for a pot plant while he was there to replace the large poinsettia we bought a few weeks ago which was dying. After showing me all the plants by FaceTime and much discussion, we ended up with a very small cyclamen that looked lost in the living room so has gone to live on the kitchen windowsill instead. He also had video chats with friends at lunchtime and again in the late afternoon. TG had Zoom dance and I had Zoom band this evening. After three days of yoga which was quite tough today's is a gentle wind down session, which I plan to do before going to bed. All in all a comfortably routine sort of day. 



No comments: