Friday 27 March 2020

Staying Home: Day 11

Thanks to the little car being off the road, this morning I spent over three hours in the other car as chauffeur, most of it stationary. H had a medical appointment (minor, but they had confirmed she should keep it) in a nearby town, so I drove her there and sat in the car park while she went in. Then I spent over an hour sitting in another car park while H did grocery shopping. She went into Aldi, which had a fairly short queue but which she said was quite busy inside, then into Marks and Spencers Food, which had a long, slow moving queue. At least we are pretty well stocked up now, and shouldn't need to go to a larger supermarket for a while.

I didn't need to do any work today, but M started a new job that came in yesterday. H made a bit of progress with an essay and Teen Girl did some schoolwork. Annoyingly I seem to be going downhill with my wretched virus thing again. M and I went for what was supposed to be a short walk this afternoon, but somehow ended up being two miles as we went round a larger loop than I intended. By the time we got back I was exhausted. Brain fog has started to descend again and my throat is feeling sore. No CV19 symptoms, fortunately. I'm hoping it is just a bad day and I'll feel better again tomorrow. It's been three months of this off-and-on thing now. The blood tests I had recently all came back clear, so I guess it is just a case of being patient.


I finished January on my weather scarf today. I'm pleased with how it is looking. The very gold looking stripes are sunny, sub-zero (centigrade) days, where the thin gold yarn dominates the thicker light blue. Most of the very cold days in January were sunny, so the light blue doesn't get much of a look in. It is going to be a very long scarf (think Tom Baker as Doctor Who!) but it can't be helped. I think it needs two rows for each day so the colour shows on both sides of the scarf, and if I only did a single row the scarf would come out too short. I'm being very good and tucking ends in as I go, though I must admit that I tucked the ends of the last few lines underneath for the sake of the photo.

Disney Movie of the day was Aladdin - the live version from last year, which Teen Girl had seen, but H and I hadn't. Dinner was chicken and mushroom pie, using up some left over roast chicken, with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Teen Girl cooked, with instruction from H. She did a great job and it was very tasty. She likes cooking and is hoping to take a hospitality and catering course at school next year.

No comments: