Sunday 22 March 2020

Staying Home: Day 6


Mother's Day today here in the UK, so H and her sister cooked a roast dinner for me. I go through spells of eating almost completely plant-based, then others when I eat fish and a little meat, which is where I am now. I try to stick to ethically produced, environmentally friendly meat from farmers with high standards of animal welfare. Dinner was roast beef with roasted potatoes, roasted carrots and parsnips, cauliflower (all from this week's veg box), and yorkshire puddings. I am definitely appreciating having H's cooking skills at home. 


Today was bright and sunny, which is always good for my mood, and M and I went for a walk this afternoon which was a bit longer than I intended it to be as I was still feeling under par. I think it did me good though. When we got back I played Mega Monopoly with the girls. I bought it for Christmas based on a friend's recommendation - he was right, it is an excellent version of the game. The property sets are larger (4 rather than 3 for most of them) and if you get a full set you can build skyscrapers; if you have all but one in a set you can build houses and hotels. There are also some extra tweaks which make the game more interesting and help it to move faster than the standard Monopoly. Definitely worth getting if you are a board game fan.


Nobody did any work or studying today, so it felt properly weekend-ish.

No comments: