Tuesday 31 March 2020

Staying Home: Day 15



I'm feeling much more cheerful tonight than I was yesterday. I still spent much of the day working, but felt as though I was being more productive and it didn't drag on the way it did yesterday. Our washing machine is now repaired - the drain pipe had become detached (probably due to me pulling it too hard - oops!) and was an easy fix. It was good to have a chat and a catch up with our lovely repair man, who we have known for years, while still observing strict social distancing.

Teen Girl did an exercise video this morning, then a dance class this afternoon. I presume she did some schoolwork, but forgot to ask. She is very self-motivated and often likes to work when her sister does, so we tend to just leave her to get on with it unless she asks for help with something. H had a feedback session with a tutor this afternoon, then went for a run and when she got back did things in the garden with an exercise band and the newly acquired kettle bell. M and I stuck to our walk - we did 20 minutes together, then I came home and left M to carry on a bit longer on his own. Lots of signs of spring now, like the weeping willow in the photo which has turned green since I last noticed it.

We ordered a hammock for the garden at Teen Girl's request. It arrived today and she managed to assemble it herself, though needed a bit of help from H to attach the hammock to the frame. This afternoon M and I watched a long You Tube review of the Nissan Leaf. Before the lockdown we had been discussing the possibility of trading in our car in the summer and going electric, so we are doing a bit of homework. From what we have seen it looks as though it will be a good option for us. The range should comfortably cover what we normally do in a day, then we can plug it in overnight to charge.

H cooked chilli and home made roti bread for dinner, which we ate while watching today's Disney move, The Incredibles.



 

2 comments:

Penelope P. said...

Despite the reason, it was lovely to idly click on Crazy Paving ( you are still n my favourites list!) and find that you have been blogging. I first read your blog when you were home schooling two small girls, probably because I’d googled Charlotte Mason. I did my teacher training at Charlotte Mason College in Ambleside. The world is a strange place at the moment, I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts, and will enjoy having a read every few days. Stay safe, Penny Lewis in Dorset U.K x

Kathryn said...

Thank you Penny! Those two small girls are now 25 and 21, hard as it is to believe, and their baby sister will soon be 14. I hope you stay safe and well yourself x