Saturday 21 March 2020

Staying Home: Day 5


Not such a good day today thanks to my viral / post-viral thingy. Some days I have a reasonable amount of energy, others I don't. After two good days this was a bad one, with accompanying brain fog. I also had to finish off a freelance job - nothing that required thinking about, just tedious loading of work into the appropriate format and software. I would have had it done yesterday, but took the day off on Thursday to collect H from uni so had to play catch up.

The girls went out early this morning to get some groceries. After recent reports about panic buying and empty supermarket shelves they were pleasantly surprised that everything they wanted was available. Maybe the frantic shoppers are calming down and the supermarkets are moving up a gear. They bought me some flowers for Mother's Day (which is tomorrow in the UK), so more cheerful colour to go with my daffodils.

This morning M did a freezer inventory to make sure we don't end up wasting stuff. Then this afternoon H and I worked out a menu plan for next week. I have an online grocery delivery booked for Monday, so I updated that with other bits we decided we needed. We spent a bit of time re-watching the Gilmore Girls on Netflix, and I dragged myself out for a short walk with M. I'm determined to get out everyday even if I'm tired and don't feel like it, unless we are put onto a complete lockdown. H made a prawn ramen for dinner. It was lovely having a meal made for me, and she is an excellent cook. Better than I am.

I have been mostly avoiding Twitter for the sake of morale and have deleted it from my phone, but I spent longer on it than I should on my laptop today which didn't help my mood. I started using Twitter a lot during the Brexit ups and downs of the last year or so, finding lots of good and informative stuff and managing to avoid the worst of it. However, I know it did suck me in to focusing too much on what was going on politically. Now it is full of dire warnings and grumbling about everything everyone is doing wrong, which are outweighing the genuinely useful links and information. I need to turn it off completely.

1 comment:

elli said...

I hope you feel better soon! We've been battling influenza A for weeks now, ugh. I was the last to get it and it is lurking in my (asthmatic) chest ...