Friday 10 April 2020

Staying Home: Day 25

I started the day with a doctor's telephone consultation about my fatigue. I went online last night to book an appointment and I have so lost track of time that I actually thought I had booked one for next week, only to realise when I went to put it on the calendar that it was today! In normal circumstances she would have wanted to run blood tests for thyroid function and various vitamin levels, but can't do this now because of Covid (they don't want people coming into the surgery unless it is urgent). The plan for now is to carry on doing gentle exercise, to pump myself full of vitamins, and to rest when my body tells me to, then follow up in four weeks.


Today has been very unfocused, with a bit of reading, a soak in the bath, ten minutes of yoga, our usual woodland walk, time in the garden, some more knitting and Finding Nemo as Disney movie of the day. I have a habit of reading in the bath, then putting my book down on the closed lid of the toilet before getting out. Unfortunately the toilet is behind the bath, so I have to do this without looking. Even more unfortunately, the closed lid happened to be open. At least the book fell in at a good angle and didn't actually get wet. It has now been well scrubbed down with anti-bacterial wipes so that I can finish it!


The weather scarf is progressing well and April is now done. You can see the change from blues to warmer greens happening, and I'm currently working on a sunny spell at the end of April and beginning of May. I'm feeling the need to start a couple more creative projects for variety. I have yarn left over from my dahlia blanket which I can use for the flowers, and I think I will have enough spare in various shades of green from the weather scarf for lease. I also ordered a couple of 1000 piece jigsaws this morning, which should arrive in a week or so. . I am waiting for a cross stitch kit for a William Morris bookmark to arrive. I had ordered a set of two Mickey/Minnie Mouse bookmarks, but they had gone out of stock so I changed my order. I also want to crochet this spring garland from Attic 24.

Mostly I am managing not to dwell on the whole awfulness of the pandemic, but the grim statistics for deaths in the UK are getting to me this evening, as is the uncertainty of how we move on from this and what the new normal will look like. I don't remember a Good Friday this bleak. I think tomorrow I need to stay away from the news and focus on positive things. I hope Easter will be a turning point.

No comments: