Tuesday 14 April 2020

Staying Home: Day 29

An early start today (considering I am on holiday-at-home for the week) as I was the chauffeur for H's trip to the supermarket this morning and she wanted to get there before it got too busy. She went to Waitrose, which was very quiet and had most of what she was looking for. We are being very organised, planning our main meals a week ahead. With four of us home full time we seem to be getting through an enormous amount of food. In normal times there are often only three of us, TG gets lunch at school, and we occasionally eat out. Also we have more time than usual to cook and bake. After we got back with the shopping, had wiped it down and put it away, M and I had a session of bickering and grouching at each other (keeping it real here!), but managed to talk it out and deal with the issue.


I used up the last of last week's veg box by making Jerusalem artichoke soup for lunch for M and myself. TG had boiled eggs and Doritos - bit of an odd combination, but as it is still Passover we don't have any bread - and H cooked herself hash browns, baked beans and scrambled eggs. Mostly we fend for ourselves at lunchtime, though sometimes a couple of us will have the same thing. H and TG went for a walk, then H exercised in the garden with weights and TG had an online ballet class. Her ballet shoes are still at the dance studio, but I had a pair I ordered for her in February. I had intended to return them as they were slightly small, but never got round to it and then the lockdown happened. I fished them out for her as better than nothing - hopefully they will stretch a bit with use and be OK for the time being. M and I went for a walk round the estate today as we have been to the woods for several days in a row and fancied a change of scenery. The blue sky in the picture above is deceptive - it was sunny but quite cold.

Disney movie of the day was Moana. I'm flitting between crafts according to mood and started on a small cross stitch kit I found yesterday, a picture of Jemima Puddleduck.  It is a very old kit, one I think I may have inherited from my Mum, who used to do a lot of cross stitch. I have a bookmark kit on order and will start that when it arrives, so whether Jemima will ever get finished I have no idea. We have mostly been eating the same thing for dinner, but today H made chicken katsu curry for herself and TG, I made a fish curry for myself with a jar of sauce and some smoked coley that came in the Fishbox a while ago and hadn't got eaten (I am the only one who really likes smoked fish), and M ate up leftover roast lamb from Sunday.

After dinner we all watched an episode of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and then played a rather riotous family game of Uno.

No comments: