Monday 20 April 2020

Staying Home: Day 35

Back to work today. I think it will take another day or two to properly nail down a workday routine again, but it went reasonably well today. I got started just after 8.30, worked until 10, took a break to make smoothies for myself and H for breakfast, then worked again until about 12.30. I added noodles to the chicken soup I made yesterday and left it to cook while I did a 15 minute yoga session. After lunch (and a bit of procrastination) I spent an hour or so checking some exam questions and finished just before three.


The week off has done me a lot of good. Not only do I feel rested, but my energy is coming back properly. Whether that is due to the rest, to following the doctor's instructions to take vitamins, or just to the working of time, I don't know. I do know I am very grateful to be feeling pretty much back to normal. I found working tiring today, but I think that is just through being out of routine.


M and I went for our longest walk yet this afternoon, a three mile circular route through an area that is now on the edge of town but was once a small separate hamlet, then up a footpath across fields and back round to the top of our housing estate. It was a perfect April day; bright sun, a slight breeze, and comfortably warm for walking without a coat. Spring at its best.


The girls also got back to work again today. TG started back at "school" so they both studied together this morning. After lunch they baked. H made cinnamon rolls and TG made lemon and blueberry muffins. Both were delicious. Then H did strength training in the garden and TG had an online dance class. TG's school sent out a letter setting out their expectations for the new term and with various updates. They have come up with their own scheme to supply supermarket vouchers to families whose children are entitled to free school meals; the government promised to provide these vouchers when they first announced schools were to close but apparently the government sponsored scheme is a shambles. The design and technology teachers have been hard at work making protective visors for key workers and have produced over 1500 so far.


Disney movie of the day was Toy Story 3, which I think is the best of the series. I now wish we hadn't watched Toy Story 4 out of order! Dinner was stir fry with Linda McCartney vegan shredded "duck", which we all like except TG who grumbles at most vegan food.

1 comment:

elli said...

Oh yes, Toy Story 3 is really wonderful! .... I am so glad to hear that you are feeling so much better. That's a blessing. Hooray for that, and for long walks on beautiful spring days :-)