Thursday 16 April 2020

Staying Home: Day 31

A month into this stay-at-home life already! I can honestly say there is very little that I am missing. I genuinely enjoy being at home, spending time with my family, and not having to rush anywhere. Once this is all over I hope I can find a better balance, living at a slower pace with less outside commitments.


This morning I wrote up the genealogy research I have been doing, while M started our latest freelance job. H did some exercise out in the garden and TG did an online dance class. Today was another sunny, warm day so this afternoon I spent time in the garden with my Kindle before we went back to the woods to enjoy the bluebells. H's magnificent cookies were even better today than yesterday - perfect chewiness, whereas yesterday the chocolate was still slightly melty. Life doesn't come much better than bluebell woods, followed by home baking, a mug of good coffee, and a family movie while I worked on some cross stitch (Brave was the Disney movie of the day).


This evening we ordered a Chinese takeaway on Just Eat, which M and I washed down with beer, then spent an hour or so playing a family game of Scattergories before H disappeared to watch the final of Masterchef and I did a couple of online tasks - I needed to order printer paper, and register to complete a self assessment tax form online.

I feel as though this week of rest and relaxation without any archive or freelance work is doing me good. My energy levels are better, and I am beginning to hope I may finally be shaking off the fatigue. I guess I'll find out when I start back to work-at-home next week.

No comments: