Tuesday 17 November 2020

Staying Home Part 2: Day 13

Quite a routine day today. After I finished my archive work M and I walked into town to buy sandwiches for lunch from Caffe Nero for a change - mainly because it was dull and drizzly and I needed an incentive to get me out of the house! H and I both had sourdough panini with vegan "turkey", stuffing and cranberry sauce from their festive menu; M was going to have tuna but they had run out and there wasn't anything else he fancied so he made himself eggs when we got home. 


The bit of question writing work I needed to do this afternoon didn't take long, so we watched a couple more episodes of the Crown and I caught up on the Mandalorian while M was collecting TG from school. More knitting happened. 

The photos are of a sculpture we pass on the way into town commemorating the production locally of Vimy aircraft during the First World War - the site where the factory stood is now occupied by a supermarket and its car park. 

I made a chicken and mushroom pie with suet crust pastry, mashed potatoes and veg for dinner, which took longer than I expected so we ate late. After dinner it was the semi-final of Great British Bake Off. It had been filmed during a heatwave in the summer and they kept having issues because of the high temperatures. Hard to remember during the miserable November damp that there was ever such a thing as summer! 

No comments: