Wednesday 18 November 2020

Staying Home Part 2: Day 14

M spoke to the welfare officer at work this morning and has been signed off to stay at home until the Covid outbreak in his office is over. We get the impression they are on top of it, so hopefully that won't take too long. It is now a week since he last went in and he is still fine, so we are optimistic that he has dodged that bullet. 

I jumped out of bed early, thinking it was early morning French day and I was running late. Then I realised it was actually Wednesday and not Thursday so I went back to bed for 40 minutes. Oops! TG was quite chatty in the car on the way to school which is unusual - neither of us are morning people, so we are usually quite happy just to listen to music while we come round. 


I took a break part way through my archive work this morning so we could go for a walk while it was dry - or so the weather forecast suggested. The weather forecast was wrong and we got a bit damp on the second half of the walk. Unusually, I had trusted it and didn't wear my waterproof coat - I really should know better! We did a three mile walk down to the canal and back through the woods, which we did a lot during the summer but hadn't done for a while. M then went out for a second walk after lunch with a friend who lives nearby and who was getting a bit stir crazy. 

TG had cooked potatoes in cheese sauce in her catering lesson yesterday, so I heated them up for her to eat as a (large!) snack when she got home from school before her Zoom dance classes. I had a headache so while she was dancing I lay down on the sofa to listen to an audio book and dozed off, which is very unusual for me. H then cooked pasta with meatballs for dinner, which I ate before Zoom band. Somehow the day seems to have gone very quickly, although I don't feel I have done a great deal. 

2 comments:

elli said...

Glad to hear M is yet in the clear — praying it remains so! The numbers in our are (city, county, state) continuing to blossom horribly.

Kathryn said...

I'm sorry to hear that. The official statistics for our area were pretty flat this week, but the Covid symptom app I subscribe too suggests that they are now going up again - I'm hoping that is just a blip and not a trend.