Wednesday 11 November 2020

Staying Home Part 2: Day 7

Another busy day, with everyone up to their ears in work. I did yoga this morning before taking TG to school, but we didn't manage to fit in a walk. 

Worryingly M received an email this afternoon to say that a number of people at the call centre where he works have tested positive for Covid. In theory, the Covid Safe measures in the office should mean the risk of catching it is relatively low and he has been careful to keep his distance from people, but as he is over 60 and asthmatic he doesn't want to take any risks. He spoke to the welfare officer and has been signed off to stay home for the time being, so will not be working his shift tomorrow. We just have to hope he hasn't been unlucky and contracted the virus despite the precautions in place.

H has been in creative mode this evening and has started embroidering a picture for her BF. It is a simple outline traced from a drawing she did of them both on one of their travel adventures, using contrasting colours on a navy and white background (navy on white and white on navy). She has a good eye and I'm sure the end result will be very effective. While she was busy crafting TG had Zoom dance classes and I had a Zoom band session. 

I haven't taken any photos today, so here is a random picture of a knight I bought when M and I went to France for our 25th wedding anniversary three years ago. He came from the castle at Falaise in Normandy, where we stopped on the way home (Falaise was William the Conqueror's birthplace). I wrote a thesis on knights in the early 13th century and judging by his armour he is meant to be from around that time, so I couldn't resist him. He used to live in the dining room, but although he is a bit large - about 12 inches high - I have now taken him upstairs to share my desk with me. 



3 comments:

elli said...

Oh! I love the figure of the knight! He's fabulous.

elli said...

Hit post too soon! Meant to say oh no re: the potential C19 exposure — praying M and you all remain healthy! Our numbers here (across the nation, but I am referring here more specifically to our town and state) are utterly catastrophic. Tragic.

Kathryn said...

Thank you! I hope things improve soon in your area.