Friday 20 November 2020

Staying Home Part 2: Day 16

I forgot to pre-heat the car this morning and TG and I really noticed the difference. Of course, it would have to be the coldest morning we have had for a while! I have now set a timer so it should pre-heat every weekday morning ready for the school run. I then spent the morning doing archive work while M and H also worked. I had some freelance work to do this afternoon - a new job came in with a fairly tight deadline - but my eyes and brain both decided they had had enough so apart from a bit of prep work I left it to do on Monday. Next week will be busy.  

It was wet again this afternoon so I didn't go out at all and had a lazy afternoon and evening watching TV and knitting. I finished the fingerless gloves I have been working on as a Christmas present for H - the yarn is a merino and silk mix and beautifully soft and warm. I watched the Crown with M and Santa Clause with the girls this evening, as well as more documentaries about Orkney and Shetland. I honestly think I have watched as much TV this year as in the last five years put together - for some reason it just seems to be the right sort of escapism for me this year, perhaps because it took less effort than reading when my energy levels were low, and now I have got into the habit. 

3 comments:

elli said...

Oh! Those mitts are just lovely!

Penelope P. said...

I love those mitts too. The lacy details are just right.

Unknown said...

Beautiful gloves.