Monday 11 May 2020

Staying Home: Day 56

Short and sweet tonight, as I got hopelessly distracted by genealogy. I was contacted through Ancestry by a relative I knew nothing about, who gave me all sorts of interesting information which has both filled in gaps and raised questions.

Monday morning meant back to work. I finished off our last freelance job first, then worked on some research for the archives website. I fell down a rabbit hole, finding that something I expected to be straightforward wasn't, so ended up working for longer than I intended. We took a shortish walk around the woods - I am feeling better today, but didn't want to push myself and risk running out of energy - then came home and made scones for tea.

H had an virtual tutorial this morning, and TG has been busy with her school work. She has a new photography project to work on, which she is happy about. M didn't have any paid work to do today, so cleaned the house this morning. After TG finished today's dance class at 5pm, the girls and I watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, while eating pizza for dinner.

M and I looked at the government's new guidelines to see what they said about people like us who are in the vulnerable category due to health conditions, but not in the extremely vulnerable shielded group. The answer was not much, except that we should continue to stay home and avoid contact with people as much as possible. Fortunately we are both in a position to do that.

No comments: