Tuesday 26 May 2020

Staying Home: Day 71

Back to work this morning, uploading a batch of questions and then archives work. M did some housework, and H and TG spent a large chunk of the day clearing out and reorganising the kitchen cupboards. We'll gloss over the jar of cloves which expired in 1998 and was still in the spices box! They did an excellent job and the kitchen feels so much less cluttered. All the storage boxes are neatly labelled, thanks to H's new label maker.


M and I went for our walk after lunch, and found it a bit too hot! We did three miles around town, walking down through the park and past the church, and then in a circular loop back home. A footpath runs parallel to the road for part of the route, so we used that as it was shady. 


I'm afraid I am a complete non-gardener - I have rarely met a plant I cannot kill - but I enjoyed looking at other people's flowers. Due to our black thumbs our garden is now simply hedge, grass and patio, with no flowers at all apart from some daffodils at the top of the drive which come up every year despite us. H is now talking about trying to grow things over the summer, starting with herbs. 


After we got back I spent some time in the garden writing emails and playing around on Ancestry. TG did a dance class and H exercised. Dinner was pasta with a roasted vegetable sauce made by H. 


This evening we joined in a Zoom quiz with members of Michael's synagogue, and managed a creditable score although some way off the leaders. The days seem to be flying by, and there never seems enough time to do everything I want to do. Today I didn't do any crafts - my William Morris bookmark is almost done and I hoped I might finish the cross stitch today - and didn't read at all. I'm sure I spend more time that I should procrastinating, but even so, my days feel busy.

No comments: