Friday 29 May 2020

Staying Home: Day 74

This has not been a good week for early starts. I overslept again this morning, worked indoors for a while, then took my laptop out into the garden and worked in the hammock, moving it around periodically to find shade. Waking up late meant that by the time I switched on my laptop to try to book a slot to visit Stowe Gardens I was too late - only a tiny handful of single ticket slots were left - but I managed to book to visit the grounds of Waddesdon Manor next Wednesday instead.


I worked in to the early afternoon, then made scones. We had bought Pimm's flavoured jam and clotted cream from the pub food stall and the cream needed eating. I usually avoid dairy, but couldn't say no to clotted cream! 


We went for a late afternoon walk round one of our favourite routes, down to the oldest part of town and up through the fields back to our housing estate. Even at 5.30 it was hot enough to need sun cream and sunglasses.


While we were out H made chilli and rice for dinner. TG ate rather more than her share, then regretted it afterwards when she had to do pirouettes during a late Zoom dance class!


M and I watched the last episode of The Real Marigold Hotel, then H remembered she meant to make sponge cakes. It is her boyfriend's birthday at the weekend and she has a cake plan. Our evenings have evolved so that around 9 o'clock we all drift off to our bedrooms, apart from M who stays downstairs watching TV, but this evening while I am blogging I can hear the girls still in the kitchen.


I'm looking forward to a nice, quiet weekend, then next week is going to be busy by lockdown standards. We have the trip to Waddesdon, and a couple of visits from friends planned for what TG describes as "socially distanced hanging out" in the garden. 

No comments: