Sunday 31 May 2020

Staying Home: Day 76

Not much to report today. The Fiit app gives me options for various workout plans, so I have started a two week yoga plan - four sessions a week at an intermediate level. Normally intermediate would be very comfortable for me, but I am so out of practice that the 25 minute lower body class I did this morning felt tough. It is frustrating, but I am determined to get back the strength and flexibility I have lost. I made a slight mistake in that after doing the yoga we then went for a morning walk, and my legs complained. M was tired too, so we only did one and a half miles round the woods, our shortest walk for a while.


The warm, sunny weather is a mixed blessing. Everything is getting very dry. The muddy patch in the photo below is a small fenced off pond in the newer part of the woods which has dried up completely.  Grass is starting to turn brown, and the dirt paths are cracking. We need some rain, but there isn't anything more than the occasional shower forecast over the next couple of weeks, although it is supposed to get cooler after tomorrow.


I did a bit more work on my research and writing this afternoon, spent some time in the garden, read a bit, and made a Victoria sponge cake which I sandwiched together with some of the Pimms jam. Dinner was pasta, nice and easy.

No comments: