Thursday 4 June 2020

Staying Home: Day 80

This was my morning off from archives work, and almost a completely work-free day apart from checking a handful of questions for M. After that I baked blueberry muffins, then we had a visitor. Our first visitor since lockdown!


She was an old friend of M's from a trip he took nearly 40 years ago, travelling coast-to-coast across America on a converted double decker bus. After living in California for 30 years she returned to the UK a few months ago. As an inveterate traveller she doesn't yet have a base, so has been spending lockdown with a friend. Not wanting to outstay her welcome, she is now moving from one friend's "bubble" to another, and realising she would be driving this way arranged to visit. We sat in the garden and chatted for a couple of hours over lunch - what TG describes as a "socially-distanced hangout". It was a bit chilly, but fortunately didn't rain. Our contingency plan was to put up our very cheap and cheerful but just about functional gazebo to keep the rain off. I'm not totally sure it still has all its bits, so was quite glad that wasn't necessary!


After our visitor left, inertia set in and I slumped on the sofa reading and nearly dozing off, only feeling very slightly guilty that everyone else was working. H was busy in the dining room doing her final exam-assignment, an Italian essay, and TG was with her doing school work. H's boyfriend (would calling him HBF sound too much like a dodgy finance company?) was upstairs working, and M got a new job in so started some preparation work on that.  I think the amount of exercise I have done this week caught up with me, and I have been feeling tired and sleepy all day. ment, and TG did a stretch and condition class while M and I were out walking.


I almost decided to give it a miss, but eventually dragged myself out for a walk. We only did a mile and a half, but I actually felt slightly less tired afterwards, so was glad I went. I didn't take any photos today, so have added some more from Waddesdon yesterday. I intended to do a yoga class, but decided it would just be too much effort today. H went for a run first thing before starting on her assign.


Dinner was burgers in brioche buns with caramelised onions, mushrooms, and sweet potato fries. I made the fries and H did the rest.  After dinner we watched the first half of Star Wars Episode II. I have seen it before but only once I think, and didn't remember much of it.

No comments: