Friday 12 June 2020

Staying Home: Day 88

The weather forecast was looking dodgy for this afternoon, so M and I went for a morning walk. We did one of our favourite routes in reverse for a bit of variety. Most days now we are doing three miles, occasionally a bit more or a bit less. We both did a bit of work before and after the walk, finishing at lunchtime. I now have functioning versions or templates of the various digital maps (based on Google maps) I have been working on, so now it is a matter of finishing inputting some data and getting decisions on what direction to take with them next.


I went into complete wind-down mode this afternoon and mostly watched TV and sewed cross stitch. My William Morris bookmark rekindled a cross stitch bug and I am now working on a Charles Rennie Mackintosh rose picture. Before dinner I did a "yoga" class, which in fact was more of a pilates / abs class. Just one more to go and I have finished my two week exercise plan. Next week I am going to start one which mixes workouts of different styles. The exercise is giving me sore muscles, but I am appreciating having the energy to start to rebuild my strength and fitness.


TG did school work off and on during the day, with a live French class this morning. She really isn't a morning person and now H is not studying she is struggling a bit to get started in the mornings. H got up and did an exercise class at 8.30. During the morning she made Biscoff flavour brownies (which we concluded didn't taste much of Biscoff because it got overwhelmed by the chocolate). Then she and her BF drove to the Cotswolds - via McDonalds drive through! - to visit his 91 year old grandmother. Although still fit and active her memory is failing which made social distancing a bit tricky as she kept forgetting about it!

The National Trust puts tickets for next week onto its website on Fridays, so I tried to book to visit the gardens at Stowe next week. It is so popular they were sold out before 7.30am. We settled on Hughenden Manor near High Wycombe instead, and have tickets for next Friday. Zoos are allowed to reopen next week, and a neighbour who tried to book tickets for Whipsnade found herself nearly 9000th in the queue!

No comments: