Thursday 11 June 2020

Staying Home: Day 87

Another busy day of work, exercise and family time. I started by finishing off two bits of freelance work, leaving us with a clean slate - until this afternoon when another small job came in. This is one M will handle without needing much input from me. I then spent some time writing emails and catching up with archive colleagues. One is thoroughly delighted by the Prime Minister's announcement yesterday that people leaving alone can form a "bubble" with another household. This means she can now visit her parents without having to socially distance, and they can go into each other's houses instead of being restricted to the garden. Although she has coped well with being alone, this will make a massive difference to her quality of life.


I took a long lunch break so that I could do another yoga class. I have just two more to go and then I will have completed my two week Fiit exercise plan. H is trying to persuade me to join her for a live class at 8.30 in the morning. I'm not convinced! We looked at the weather forecast and almost decided to go for a walk after lunch, then changed our mind. Good call! About half an hour later, when I had gone back to work, the heavens opened and it absolutely chucked it down. We would have been drenched. As it was, we went out soon after four and did a three mile route through the woods and along the canal tow path. It was looking pretty gloomy by the time we got back, but we didn't get rained on.


The highlight of the walk for me was seeing the swan family on the canal bank. They seem pretty relaxed about people going past them, and so I was able to get a good photograph. The six cygnets are all grey balls of fluff.


M did some work off and on during the day. TG had a live geography class this morning and got through all her school work. H and her BF went out this morning to pick up some charcoal for the BBQ and to get a few things from Tesco, then this afternoon they picked up his family's dog and took him for a walk. H cooked ramen for dinner - one of her specialities - and then four of us played Mega Monopoly, which H won. We love this version, which I bought as a family game for Christmas on a friend's recommendation. It has extra properties, skyscrapers as well as houses and hotels, and a third dice. It moves faster than standard Monopoly, and we find it more interesting.

1 comment:

elli said...

I love seeing the swan family :-)