Thursday 18 June 2020

Staying Home: Day 94

It has surprised me just how busy I am with my archive work, even working from home with no access to documents. If I worked full time it might be different, but fifteen hours a week is very easy to fill and my work time flies by. Today I answered an email enquiry, noticed that this is Refugee Week and found some themed display posters which I made a few years ago to post on social media, made some edits to our website, and worked on an interactive map illustrating various aspects of life in the county during the Second World War. 


After lunch M and I watched TV for a while, then as the rain had stopped went for a walk. We passed one giant puddle where a drain had presumably overloaded, with some kids in wellies enjoying a paddle. The canal was looking beautiful today after all the rain, which had left the water looking much clearer.


On the way back we spotted a rabbit in a hedge by the roadside. It tried rather unsuccessfully to hide in a shallow hole in the ground, so I was able  to get a picture of it. I have seen them before on our walks but never close enough to photograph.


H and her BF treated us to a takeaway from a local Turkish restaurant tonight, so we all ended up feeling very full! TG baked a lemon and poppyseed cake this afternoon, but we didn't have room for dessert so we have that to look forward to tomorrow. After dinner we played a Catchphrase card game M was given for his birthday. We then had a discussion about H and work - she would really like something to do over the next couple of months before she starts her permanent job in September and has been asked if she would work at the cafe as usual over the summer once it reopens, but in the end we all decided that for various reasons it was probably a bit too much of an unnecessary risk.

No comments: