Wednesday 10 June 2020

Staying Home: Day 86

My day mostly got swallowed up with work - two separate pieces of freelance work kept me going until 3.30. M did some housework and finished off the job I had been working on this morning. The weather was damp and intermittently rainy, but after we finished work M and I managed a two mile walk without getting wet. As it was so dull and we only walked round the streets I didn't take any photos today. After we got home M had a Zoom call with friends while I read my book and cooked fishcakes for dinner.

H cut her BF's hair for him - she is surprisingly good at it, and it didn't look like a home haircut at all. Since lockdown started she has cut M's twice, and mine and TG's once. I think I'll get her to do mine again soon. TG got up earlier today and got her schoolwork done, then this afternoon she and H did a 40 minute exercise class, followed later on by a contemporary dance class for TG. H also baked her third batch of cinnamon rolls since lockdown; these were the best yet with a perfect texture and delicious coffee flavoured icing. Apparently Biscoff brownies are next on her baking agenda.

After dinner we watched the second half of the third Star Wars prequel. I'm not sure how I missed it but I had never seen this one before, and although I had a rough idea of the plot it was good to fill in the gaps. H's BF, who is a Star Wars fan, rates this one as his favourite of the movies. After that he went off to play FIFA on the PlayStation with his friends, and the rest of us played a few rounds of scattergories.

No comments: